Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cheese, A Necessity

Recently, my high school friend and I decided to meet up and talk about our college lives. Since I had dinner plans that day, we decided to eat lunch together at Red Robbins, one of our favorite restaurants. After we were seated inside, a pretty waitress came up to our table and took our orders. As usual, I ordered my Royal Red Robbin Burger while my friend ordered Banzai Burger. When she asked me what kind of cheese that I wanted in my burger, I pondered about whether I should add cheese or not. Because I was quite excited to see my old friend, I declined to the waitress’s offer and decided try a different route by ordering my burger without it. To make my story short, I forced myself to finish the burger because I didn’t enjoy the taste of it. The mix taste of my burger patty and the cheese were nowhere to be found in my mouth as I was eating it. Suddenly, my RRR Burger was foreign to my taste bud and I began to hate the taste. As I talked to my friend about my own college experience, I realized how important cheese was to my meals, and began to appreciate its value.
Cheese is used in almost every meals. Mexican foods, for example, definitely need cheese to spice up the taste of tacos and quesadillas. Tacos smell pleasant to our noses because of the scent that the cheese brings to our senses when it melts with the meat. We would not be so insistent on eating tacos if it wasn’t for the melting cheese that captures both our eyes and noses. Quesadillas wouldn’t be right if there is no cheese inside the tortilla. Nachos definitely would lose its customers if it wasn’t for the yellow, hot cheese on it. Besides the Mexican food, Macaroni and Cheese is an all time favorite side dish that we can't afford to live without. Whenever we order KFC or El Pollo Loco, we lean more towards Macaroni and Cheese than the chicken itself. If it wasn't for the melted cheese that "melted" in our mouths, Mac N' Cheese wouldn't be one of our favorite. Surprisingly, we even put cheese on our salads because it goes well with the lettuces. And how can we forget about cheese cake? The rich, thick cheesecakes are pleasant to our mouths because of the delicate taste that the cheese brings to our taste buds. Cheese truly drives our senses to crave for it. Italian foods, like pasta and spaghetti, are spread around the noodles so that the cheese’s taste can blend with the pasta sauce, brining more luxurious taste to our taste buds. Cheese is definitely needed in our everyday
We can not leave without cheese added to our meals. Whether it is melted, frozen, or sliced, cheese definitely brings out a beautiful, “cheesy” taste to our mouths. Without it, we wouldn’t be so eager to eat Nachos or Spaghetti. Cheesecake would be out of our imagination. We should thank the person who made cheese. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Cheese is a very versatile ingredient. I love how we can add this to practically any dish we prepare. The most important aspect about cheese is the fact that it’s healthy for your body. It generally supplies a good amount of calcium and protein. With this in mind, cheese may act to protect tooth enamel and also produces an increasing amount of saliva flow to wash away acids and sugars. Although cheese is technically flavorful, aged cheese is commonly salty, yet very bland in flavor. As cheese ages, it transforms its texture and intensifies its flavor. My favorite cheese is velveeta because I normally melt it with a splash of milk and use it as a nacho dip. It’s great, you should try it out.

    -Stephanie Sangalang-

    ReplyDelete